What are conveyancing services?
Conveyancing is an important part of the sale/purchase of a property. It involves the legal transfer of a property from one owner to another. This includes drafting and reviewing the terms of the contract and carrying out the various complex legal, financial and administrative duties that ensure a safe and complete transfer. Given the complex nature of property transactions, it is highly recommended that you engage the services of a conveyancer for this process.
Why should I hire a conveyancing service?
Property transfers can be a complex process, so there are lots of reasons to hire a conveyancing service. These include:
1. Preparing, clarifying and reviewing all legal documents.
2. Calculating the various fees & taxes in relation to a property purchase or sale.
3. Dealing with your bank or financial institution if a mortgage is involved.
4. Securing an NOC to transfer a property from the management company or developer, if necessary.
5. Using a Power of Attorney to represent your interest in front of government institutions.
6. Ensuring you safely receive the proceeds of a sale.
7. Ensuring a smooth transfer and solving any issues that may arise.
8. Providing step-by-step guidance to you at every stage of the buying/selling process.
How long can the conveyancing process take in Dubai?
The length of the conveyancing process will depend on various factors. For example, if the buyer or seller has a mortgage, if there are any overseas documents which must be attested, or if there are any complex company documents required as part of the transaction. Typical timescales for the conveyancing process range from 1-10 weeks.
Ensure you use a reputable conveyancing service, like Clarity, to make the process as quick and efficient as possible.